Since the beginning, volunteers have helped in innumerable
ways and we are most grateful for their infusion of good ideas and actions.
There are lots of ways you can get involved with the Gulf
of Maine Expedition. Here are some things we know we need help with, but
feel free to be creative and get in touch with us if you have other ideas:
1. Supply us with fresh water.
2. Provide transportation to a grocery store.
3. Help us locate places to camp.
4. Allow us to use your laundry facilities.
5. During serious Nor'easters, or other inclement weather, offer us shelter.
1. Allow us to hook into your phone line for Internet access.
2. Allow us to plug into your power outlet to recharge our computer batteries.
3. Connect us with local media.
4. Promote our presentations via media, posters, or word of mouth.
5. Attend our presentations and bring a friend.
6. Provide us access to a digital projector for our presentations.
1. Staff our booth for a few hours. We have a ready-made display
booth at which we sell memberships, notecards, and photographs during
town visits. All we require are salespeople.
1. Provide us with information about the Gulf of Maine share
your stories, anecdotes, or Gulf Facts.
2. Inform us as to the key issues in your community.
3. Provide information about local conditions that affect paddling safety.